Old 12-24-20, 10:40 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
I dunno, but if you don't like those wheels, you know where I am, perfect for a Look KG196.
A lot of those were 650c too. I'd like a Softride, fits right in with the Y-Foil as significant and oddly attractive.
Yep, I checked with the seller before I made the drive to make sure they were 700c wheels. Since he was giving up two sets with it. I do like how the Gipiemme wheels look on it so hopefully they work for my current 190ish pounds.

Out of curiosity I compared the weight of the two front wheels with their current tires and skewers. 2 lbs 11 for the Gipiemme and 2 lbs 13 ozs for the Shimano 105 hubbed Araya rimmed one.

Getting ready to take off all the computer stuff and those Campagnolo Aero bottles and mounts. I wonder if there's any value in these used bottles as they go for crazy money NOS on Ebay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them since I ride all my bikes. They'd look cool on the blue Lemond Maillot Jaune but then I couldn't take out real bottles when I rode it.

Anyway, the clean up begins. The parts seemed to be working ok but they haven't bee cleaned in awhile from the amount of greasy buildup on them.