View Single Post
Old 07-29-22, 10:49 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,753 Times in 893 Posts
Friday, I managed to putter around the house aimlessly in the early afternoon, so by the time I found the bike (OAC Rambler), it was already later than I thought. I went spinning off anyway, and managed to get a 28-mile loop comprised of some favorite segments of trail and road in Arlington, Lexington, Bedford, Concord, and Lincoln. For some reason the animals came out to play today; this hen turkey with her poults ("poults", who knew?) milled about the Bedford section of the Minuteman like a Thanksgiving dinner flying in loose formation with some light snacks. Make way for poults?

Later in the ride, I encountered an aquatic mammal in Elm Brook near Virginia Road. Otter? Mushrat? Beaver? Google Lens suggested alligator.

One of yesterday's storms appeared to have toppled a tree across Reformatory Branch, illustrating once again the principle that cyclocross is where you find it (or where it finds you).

The Ocean Air Cycles Rambler shod in supple 38mm Soma C-Line tires with Pasela treads handled well regardless of what the ride threw at it. I like this bike. And the Panaracer-derived tires are definitely growing on me.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 07-30-22 at 09:44 AM.
Likes For rholland1951: