Old 04-21-22, 03:54 PM
JessyMathers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone ever use dogs to pull?

Hi guys.
I'm new here, and also new to bike touring. I've been planning for a long time to go out on a bike tour, but my situation is entirely different than most everyone's, and in fact I've never seen anyone do what I plan on doing, which is why I wanted to ask if anyone ever has, and hopefully get some helpful information.

First off, I have 2 large wolfdogs, and I plan on using them to help pull our camper with gear. I'm a 100 pound woman with little muscle and quite a few health issues, but my dogs are young strong healthy males. I figure together we could all do it, but at the same time I'm worried about our weight, because the camper itself empty might end up being around 80-100 pounds once built, and there are 3 of us with a lot of clothing and survival gear. My dogs eat raw meat, so I'm hoping to just feed them at the end of each daily travel so we don't have to haul it around. But the other issue is I plan on doing this perminantely, as in LIVE on a bike tour for the rest of our lives possibly. It's just a calling God has for me, and unless something changes then this is what I plan to do. I've never really heard of anyone living on a bike tour, except maybe for a few years, but I've definitely never seen anyone go on a bike tour with 2 big dogs and have them help do the work during travel. I don't want us to suffer each time we go out, I want us to have a good time travelling around and seeing stuff, but idk if I'll be able to cut down the weight enough because I'd also like to have plenty of herbal/natural remedies for my health issues and emergencies, and a fair amount of clothing and supplies to look nice and enjoy life wherever we are from day to day.

I'd just like to hear some advice or opinions, and maybe even meet some people who have done similar, mainly with 2 big dogs. Thanks!
Likes For JessyMathers: