View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 12:42 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3135 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 1,028 Posts
A good, quality stand will last for decades of use, and one that’s well designed and easy to use will make those years a pleasure and save you a lot of headaches. I had no problem paying ~$300 for my latest stand, a Park PCS 10.3 because I knew it was exactly what I needed— easy setup, versatile, good ergonomic design— and that the brand, known for their durability, will most likely continue to supply repair bits, if they’re needed, for many years down the road.

I hang my rack on the wall in the garage, so all I need to do is one motion to fold out the legs, and it’s ready to go. In particular, I like that I can hang a bike by the seat on the clamp mech for quick jobs, but the fine tuning of the clamp jaws allows me to quickly and easily clamp frame tubes or seatposts as I prefer. I’m 6’1”, and the PCS 10.3 can put the bike up high enough that I can work comfortably, without straining my back.

I like that it has a tool tray, and I added a second, larger one as well, and those are really convenient, but I also got a Park handlebar holder when I bought the stand, and never having had one before, am tempted to say that a bar holder is probably the best accessory you can add to any stand.

I posted a thread here about it not too long ago: https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...cs-10-3-a.html

Last edited by chaadster; 05-21-22 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Linky
Likes For chaadster: