Thread: Trek 760 Purple
View Single Post
Old 06-07-21, 07:50 AM
Peroni

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
The brown Pro Brooks broken in and treated with the conditioner looks perfect with the burnt red tape, and a great color contrast with purple, I think. The tan wall tires and matching tape with white brake hoods and black saddle looks fine with purple, too, the color contrast seems relaxing to me, somehow, and I like it.

The first listing for bicycle I bought was $1,485 or best offer, it's a separate number, but can be found by searching title description, I may have seen it two weeks ago at that price, but didn't stop too look at.
The auction pictures are enough to see a little bit, and I didn't see much rust or corrosion, not lots of damaged fasteners either, and the chainrings don't look worn, that much seems pretty luck for me.
I think the wheels must be the same as on the 660 or 670 in 85, fine for me, and I can use Alligator Hardshell tires with conti race tubes that hold air for a long time.

Thanks again Hobbiano for the scanned Bicycle Guide article, I didn't know the differences between Victory and Triomphe, and I'll read it a few more times to be sure.
Likes For Peroni: