Thread: Trek 760 Purple
View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 06:46 AM
Peroni

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
I really like the appearance of the frame and fork, with the tubing not large like some of the aluminum frames, and the purple is fairly neutral, like burnt red or bronze.
And the decal branding isn't out there too much, I need to find some good touch up paint for a few paint chips, auto supply I guess.
It dose have some pedal overlap that Hobbiano pointed out, I'll probably remove the toe clips anyway, or use flat MB pedals with the pins removed.

I don't see evidence of the bike having been serviced, pulling the crank and BB, only guessing.
I bought a Park repair stand, and two BB wrenches, HCW-4 and 5, for a Guerciotti Tourist, I thought it was the same as Sprint, but it's stamped Tourist.
And I have a cone wrench set, and the spanner, and few other Park bicycle tools.
The 9mm self extracting bolts might not as foolproof as a crank puller, I have good quality tools and think I can pull the crank successfully, with caution.
CorrosionX for a few days, and a small amount of heat, if needed, not too much more than boiling water.
I bought Park tool anti-seize, and I think it should be used on the crank square tapers, on reassembly.