Old 08-14-22, 06:23 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Peroni

The seller didn't mention a refinished frame, and suggested a used bicycle sill in good condition with bar tape needs replaced and new brake hood, but I can't depend on that to be completely factual.

It will need to fresh grease in the hubs and BB, and the head set, probably new tires, and I think it's used enough for the chain to be worn, along with the brake cables that you mentioned and maybe new pads. But It will be fun for me to clean up and overhaul because it's not like new, I have good tools and a repair stand if I can start producing and get the job done, and it's not too complicated for me to work on.

First off, I stand corrected regarding the paint job on the fork - I'd never seen that before you posted the above catalog pic of the green frame. Having said that, the downtube decal at a minimum is surely a replacement, which to me suggests a repaint because everything looks almost perfect. Just to be clear, note the C in Colnago on the downtube decal is bigger than the rest of the letters. That particular decal would be from around the mid-70s, but not carried over into the late 70s/early 80s.

I know the bike hasn't arrived just yet, but I don't think you'll have to do much to it. The pics seem to show a very clean bike, and again, almost too clean - and that's the main reason I believe it's probable the frame's been refinished.

DD