View Single Post
Old 08-19-22, 06:05 AM
Peroni

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
It'll be a nice bike to ride and own (love SLX). My guess - I think it will be smaller than 58cm c to c seat tube. Another guess - with those 'COLNAGO' seat stay caps I would say a mid 80's build.

Some nice components too - what looks to be a round C-Record seatpost, Campy socket headed seat binder nut and bolt, Cinelli XA stem and a couple of Elite Ciussi Inox tubular stainless steel bottle cages.
It was delivered yesterday, and was packaged well. no shipping damage.
And it is a bit smaller than 58cm, about 57cm seat tube, I need to measure the top tube carefully to see if it's also 57cm.

DD was correct from the beginning, the frame has been refinished, a logo trademark is on the left chain stay, Fresh Frame Grade A Finish. It seems like a very nice refinish to me, and I like the blue pearl, I haven't seen it outside in the daytime.
Patented 84 on the derailleur with Ti bolts, and alloy headset, not a Ti BB, or replaced. Some drivetrain wear, but maintained and not ruined, chain is replaced. The BB shell is the same as the orange type in the commercial photo.
I moved the QR enough to see part of the SLX stamped into dropout. It will need fresh grease, brake cables, tires, the wheels seem good.

Last edited by Peroni; 08-19-22 at 09:09 AM.
Likes For Peroni: