Old 02-05-23, 02:19 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Dr. George Sheehan -- ​"We are each an experiment of one. A unique, never-to-be repeated event.” So true and like all things, personal requirements are as one deems necessary. I've rarely ever stretched and have never suffered dire consequences for not doing so.

Originally Posted by 79pmooney
........................... My stretching routine now is to do them as I grind my coffee with a small steel hand grind that takes about a thousand turns. So a nice, slooooow stretch that can be done stone cold with no risk at all. I rarely have to do anything else though I do keep my awareness up and do stop if needed for more stretching is needed. (The clue? I can feel my knees grinding.)
DANG, are you grinding a pound or two of beans at once??? Neither my VEVOK or JAVA PRESS requires anywhere near those rotations for a MOCHA, Espresso, French Press, Drip, Perk or Pour Over.

Originally Posted by Inusuit
Coffee is bad for you. No, wait! Coffee is actually good for you. Moderate alcohol consumption is good for your heart especially red wine. No, wait! Any alcohol is bad! Stretching is pointless! No, wait...
Whatever the "science" says at the moment, I believe in yoga and regular stretching. Have practiced for decades. Probably just a placebo effect. YMMV.
Go to sleep and things might be different when you wake up. What ever floats your boat is the name of the game. Sounds like your plan is working so keep on - keeping on.
Likes For OldTryGuy: