View Single Post
Old 09-03-20, 04:21 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
Rhode Island is a place that people vacation to, a destination. It is not too surprising that infection rates have trended up in the past few weeks or so. I do think though that infection rates are mostly under control judging by the Providence Journal. There is a high school just across the street from my apartment and they are going through the motions for some sort of reopening.

The club riders are sent out in three waves with the fastest riders (over 20 MPH) going first, followed by a second wave a few minutes later and finally, the slowest group (me and others), at 14 to 16 MPH. I'm always at the back of the slow group. With such a large group of riders, there is always someone who rides at your speed. Furthermore, there are usually three distances to choose from, say 75 miles for speedsters, 45-50 miles for the middle group and 25 miles for the slowpokes. I always works out that most riders finish up within 30 minutes of each other.

Maps of the rides are available to down load via the web so you would have an idea of the route in advance. The club welcomes guests so you could easily just try a ride. There are many rides in your area of southern Mass and I especially like the ones that go by a beach.
Likes For berner: