View Single Post
Old 06-21-07, 06:55 AM
I_bRAD
Call me The Breeze

Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Siena, 1996 Litespeed Obed, 1992 Miele (unknown model), 1982 Meile Uno LS.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider
I disagree with you on quality but agree with your comment concerning Litespeed's current designs. Nothing but compact frames and no Touring (Blueridge) models at all. However, I bought a 2006 Tuscany last year and the welds and finish quality are first rate
The welds are OK, but the overall attention to detail and care about the final product just isn't there anymore. I say this after a particularly frustrating time dealing with warranty last summer. I have an old litespeed mountain bike, and a 2004 Siena. Even though the old one is low end (Ibed) I've never ever had a problem with that one. Can't say the same for the road bike... and you'd think a mtb would be seeing more abuse as well.

They're also all over the place- redesigning and coming up with a 'revolutionary' concept every year that gets pulled the next. They've lost direction and are coasting on the reputation gained from the old days. The video with the truck running over the tubes pretty much confirmed to me they're full of crap.