Old 02-21-21, 03:01 PM
Alcanbrad

Bikes: '14 CoMo Carrera, '11 CoMo Primera co-pilot, '98 Santana Visa, a Plethora of road bikes, A commuter/Gravel beast (and 1 MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Tandem eBike conversion - Lessons learned

I am in the process of putting together and kicking off a conversion project to electrify our tandem. I have been doing a lot of research and have spent a fair amount of time running simulations on the ebikes.ca website and have narrowed down to a specific motor, battery plant, and controller.

This is not a "what do I need" or "how do I choose" thread. I am interested in others experiences and lessons learned either electrifying and/or owning and riding an electric tandem. I realize the population is small here, but this is one aspect that really isn't covered elsewhere on the interwebs (that I have been able to find) and this is where folks in the know hang out.

I would be interested in some details of your setup (voltage, battery plant, etc.). How you ride (electric assist all the time, hills only, etc), what kind of range do you get from your setup, and finally, what you learned and what you would do again or differently if doing it again?