View Single Post
Old 07-28-22, 06:38 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Took the Rambouillet (fast, elegant) on a maintenance ride on the Minuteman. Most rides on the Minuteman are maintenance rides (cf. "mental health rides"), unless they are "transportation segments". Or your daily commute. Or a ticket to the Easter Parade, of strictly anthropological interest. All that stuff...

Anyhow, today's maintenance ride was wedged between a couple of downpours. Downpour #1 poured down while I was sitting in my house, admiring its ferocity and aqueous vigor. Downpour #2 poured down to the NW of my location, may it have done the parched plants and critters there some good. Downpour #3 has yet to pour down; perhaps it will get the plants in my yard wet, and save me the water bill sprinkling them. In the interval between Downpour #1 and #2, the wind spanked the trees and they cried for their mamma.

A little contention for resources at the waterhole. Harsh words were said, but not by me. To me, perhaps...

The Mile 4.0 Cairn Builders continue to evolve. If you call the incorporation of plastic dragons into an otherwise plausible Neolithic totemic display "evolution". Cargo cult, perhaps. Or a polymer rendering of the divine afflatus... I suspect young people, a mixed blessing as always (sez grandpa).

In any event, the ride continues. Wheee!

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 07-28-22 at 06:52 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: