View Single Post
Old 11-23-22, 02:29 PM
M1T

Bikes: Several Italian bikes from the 50's - 83, 4 English Lightweights (1949-1970), Riding bikes-Trek 760, SOMA Triple Cross gravel bike, SOMA SAGA DC touring bike, Pivot Les Fat for winter riding and long distance bikepacking. One modern Carbon bike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
Nice photos. Not clear what the warning referred to.

How do you like the Soma Saga? I have one, and am still trying to decide...
I like the Soma for longer distance road and smooth gravel type roads. I think pretty much any modern touring bike will do, but this one fits me right and its solid as can be. I don't like the cantilever brake at all and if I didn't already have the rim brake SON hub wheel built, I'd add a disc up front.
For more off road type touring (rougher roads, some single tack, etc.), I ride the Pivot Les Fat. I some times think about selling one or the other, and if I did, I'd sell the SOMA as the Les Fat is capable on any road where as the SOMA is more pave road orientated. I've ridden the Les Fat hundreds of miles on paved roads, but the SOMA is not that suited for rough or sandy roads. Hope that makes sense. But for now, I'll keep them both.

The Global Warming thing was a goof (scroll down and read the full captions and it'll be clearer!).