Old 07-26-21, 04:08 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Yeah, having a place to go to locally would be decent I think. I worked with a guy here who may have helped a little bit but the problem came back as I increased miles. He had said everything looked fine. Nothing else had changed. I think he was decent, but may have needed a bit more. He does have a studio doing retul fits which maybe merits a look. I had done this out of his garage with a buncha fans pulling air out during covid times last summer so it was good but not ideal.

Big fan of the retul fits. That's what my fitter uses. In addition to the using the data from the retul fit to identify opportunities for improvement, he essentially refused to use the shims everyone else used to try and "fix" my issues. He couldn't find any obvious leg length discrepancy or any thing similar, so we spent the better part of half a day working through possible causes. He then referred my to a PT to try and fix it rather than just throw hardware at it. Long way of saying, ask any potential fitter about their problem solving methodology. If you see a bunch of shims lying around, run as fast as you can.