burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
Honestly man if your "shapelessness" is just starting to disappear above the waist, you probably aren't harming yourself by losing weight, assuming you're doing it slowly. Definition/tone is more a function of body fat than pushups. Especially since you're saying you are at PR watts and such.
I should have rephrased. I didn't have a health concern with it at all. I didn't want to stop gaining watts.

I just know some folks get scale happy seeing new lower numbers but don't recover properly or eat properly for workouts.

That's all. I'll make sure it's slow and steady, and that work is properly fueled and executed.

As an aside........this will get some smirks or possibly some snide......but I have figured out a way to harmonize my left-only Stages data with my Quarq and Kickr Core data. The Quarq routinely shows I'm at a 46.5/53.5 split at best. Could be as bad as 45/55. For a 220w (a typical low Z3 tempo for me), that means my Quarq would read 220w with 102.3w left and 117.7w right. The Stages would therefore read 2x 102.3w, or 204.6w.

Given I'm not a monster, 15 out of 200ish can matter on TSS, kilojoules, and more importantly time in zones during an outdoor ride. It sounds like BS, but I'm adjusting ONLY the rides with that Stages to read the same as the Quarq. The Quarq is currently lock-step overall with the Kickr Core. So it harmonizes my time in zones and other figures. I use the TP time in zones chart a good bit. If I'm 15w+ low on that Stages, that'll mean up to 40min in a workout not showing in the right zone.

Whatever, bring the hate. But that left Stages reads silly low. I leave the Strava as-is. I could care less about that. I care about the training data being consistent and useful.
Likes For burnthesheep: