Old 03-31-21, 03:28 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
I have a buyer lined up for the project car I built up in med school... Like every other project, I know I'm going to get as much for it as I put in, but still feels low. I figure I'd get more if I waited or if I parted the car but I don't have the time, energy, or patience for it right now. Plus it looks like the owner to be is interested in doing more stuff with it and making it legit track worthy which will be cool.

The hunt for a new daily continues. Still looking at the CRV/RAV4, but have started kindaaa thinking about something like the highlander so I can build a platform and dirtbag it for very short overnight trips where I just need some food and some snowboards. Could be kinda nice for cycling as well. Will have to figure out the numbers. All the stuff I've seen from folks who've done that with the Rav/CRV tend to either be smaller people or tend to not actually have any sports gear they carry. I can't see how you can sleep in a rav4... just doesn't seem long enough but I'll do more research. Good times.

Regardless, this will be the most money I've ever spent on a car at once. Feels weird. I almost feel like I should just be buying a 2010 highlander with a buncha miles on it to drive for a few years and then move onto the next thing when I have a better job. Makes me a bit nervous to spend a buncha money on a car as a resident... but need decent transport etc. Would be one thing if it was only to go to work and back but needing a car to work well for 800 mile round trips in the dead of vermont winters ups the ante a bit.