View Single Post
Old 04-26-21, 01:00 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10497 Post(s)
Liked 12,023 Times in 6,155 Posts
Okay, so, the wheels I found on FB Marketplace - They're not Dura Ace 7200. I was wrong about the acorn nuts - I guess I saw what I wanted to. BUT they are tubular rims. In fact they come with a pair of Wolber tubs, which hold air. Well SOME air. But they're no longer glued to the rim. The hubs appear to be first generation Shimano 600s, 36 hole. The rims are Mavic Monthlery Pros, in good shape. There surface rust on some of the hub components but the rear spins smoothly, and while the front is a little 'crunchy', it may still be fine once repacked. We'll see.

The wheels are almost certainly 120mm, and I need 126 to fit the dropouts on the Lotus, but I figure I can get there with spacers, maybe a new axle, and of course re-dish the wheel. Now I have a project for my new truing stand! That and learning how to glue tubs.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: