Old 07-20-21, 02:06 AM
PrettyCurious

Bikes: 2004 Trek 4300, 2021 GoExpress

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts
I'm 60 and I still work 50 hrs a week.
I never gave ebikes a thought until I saw an ad for one. I had planned on getting my bike out this summer. 16 years ago, I married a non rider. He golfs. we moved here 8 years ago, hung up my Trek, and never took it out again. I had some serious health issues the last two years, and last summer I thought I was over all that, then I injured my leg. It took too many doctor visits and finally getting referred to an ortho doc last fall who told me it was my IT band. I have to stretch it every day, and it still bothers me, but it's better than it was, and at least I can sleep.
I decided to sell my motorcycle because I just don't' like riding with cars, and it's too big to ride where I do like to go: trails and dirt roads.
So what sold me on the ebike was:
1 I could ride it immediately, instead of having to work to get in shape to enjoy riding again.
2 I could ride farther. I have to ride 2 miles of paved roads before I get to the the road roads. I love riding on the dirt roads. I pass houses, farms, horse, cows, you name it. Most of my rides are 10+ miles - 20+ miles on the weekends, since I still work.
3 I don't have to worry if my left hip/leg, or right knee will flare up in protest, and I would have to limp home. (this model even has a walking mode)
4 Did I mention I am riding by myself? If a dog starts to chase me, I can hit the throttle and out run him. LOL ( I do carry protection)
5 This bike folds up. I can put it in the car and take it places.
6 This bike can be ridden without the motor, which is what I wanted because in actually, I don't use it much. I use it uphills, on the way back when there is a head-wind, ect. I set the pedal assist on 3 (there are 9 levels), and it doesn't kick in until I start going up a hill.

Since I just ride for pleasure, I avg about 12 miles an hour on my own power. I like it that way. lolly gagging down a dirt road . . . .
Likes For PrettyCurious: