Old 10-11-21, 08:07 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3153 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Ultradynamico Rosé JFF

Against my better judgement, I just purchased a pair of Ultradynamico Rosé JFF tires, tanwall.

I say it was against my better judgement because I’m using these for winter tires here in Michigan, so besides the price being rather stupidly high for my amateur needs, I reckon the winter slop is going to make the sidewalls, especially the DS rear, look crappy in short order.

Oh well. These are going on my first dedicated gravel bike, so gone are the restrictions and compromises of my old dual purpose rig, so I’m bound to make some mistakes while finding what works best for me now. The main reason I went with Rosés was the tread pattern, which seems to be well suited to my conditions; I’ll see plenty of hardpack during the season, which turns into a shallow layer of medium viscosity, sandy mud when wet. When it snows, the dirt roads get packed hard pretty quickly and I have used file treads fairly successfully on it in the past, but snow is always a mixed bag, depending on so many variables, so I figured that between the record-setting (for my use history) width of 42mm and the shoulder knobs, I should at least add stability beyond what I’ve ever had, and that’s a good thing.

I just had an appendectomy today, so it’ll be awhile before I can log miles and say anything meaningful about their performance, but I’ll try to post a review at some point.

Ultradynamico Rosé JFF

https://ultradynamico.com/products/rose-jff