View Single Post
Old 01-31-22, 10:54 AM
larryforgy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iambent
Kind of like this forum, ads popping up everywhere. Facebook is to disjointed. It’s not like a forum, everything is in groups. Most of the groups are brand specific. There are some recumbent groups, but you would have to jump around between the groups.

The only recumbent specific recumbent forum alternative I see to BROL is the forum at recumbents.com. More basic than BROL, not as many bells and whistles, but Warren is a active and present administrator.
I quite like the recumbents.com forum. There is a lot of good information there. I recently posted my first message, but the site lacks a critical mass, so my post went unanswered. Still, I'll hang around a bit to see if the readership grows. I am down to trying BROL every 3-4 days, but if I can't get in with a few tries, I move on.

After all this time, I think the BROL community has suffered serious damage. I don't know anything about Bryan, but I can't help thinking that some professional IT help could have had the site back up and running in a few days, or even prevented this disaster. The site has shown signs for years of being cobbled together in an amateur patchwork. This may not be fatal yet, but it is definitely the 11th hour.
Likes For larryforgy: