Old 08-15-22, 08:21 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by Peroni
I missed buying this NOS wheel set on eBay because I couldn't find much about Formula 20 rims, other than I knew they are tubular rims. And I wanted Italian threads for the freewheel, which seem to be much less common.
And the freewheel type wasn't listed, so I would need to use ISO or English threaded freewheel. $378 taxed and shipped, wish I had bought the set, but I just didn't know enough to jump on them.
I don't intend to actually ride the SC, so I can put new bearings in the bad hub if want to install the wheels. The wheel set has been sold on eBay, not surprisingly, I would guess.
How bad are the races, cones bad too?, @Mad Honk

Is a genius at rehabbing bearing races, also thick automotive axle grease can mitigate some of the wear for very limited use with new bearings. If the cones are ok, they should be set aside and be replaced with others, MH can work wonders with them as well depending on how far gone they are.