Old 11-11-19, 02:05 AM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
That depends where you look. The reality is that the vast majority of track bikes won’t be ridden like that so it’s a small market to sell to. At the top of the tree where the real development happens, long and low is common, but at a price $$$$$.

I’d look at seat tube angle over TT length. The STA will be the biggest dictator of whether you can get your saddle in your desired position/setback, especially as your legs get longer. Look at Dolan’s DF4 geo. Relatively short TT but geo gives them good reach numbers to stretch out a bit
Ended up getting a barely used DF 60cm. I've only had the bike a week and ridden once so far with my 140mm stem, feels much better, I was so crunched up on the Felt. The frame feels quite solid and stable. I'm going to take some time and experiment with the fit and dial in sprint and pursuit setups. Have a 150mm stem on the way. Wondering what a good affordable bar option might be which has long reach but shallow drop. No complaints so far with the Zipp SC SL 80 bar I have now, but curious to find a better shape for sprinting, still retain the ergo hand fit, and get slightly more reach but without more drop.