View Single Post
Old 10-18-21, 07:25 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
And so ends my season with the Michelin Power Road TLR. Yesterday, at about mile 40 of 70, I took a cut to my front tire - bad enough to boot-n-tube it to get home and prematurely retire the tire (it did have ~5k miles on it, so not that premature). In all, they were pretty damn good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if you find a good price on them. They mounted and seated easily, the rolled well, grip was very good, they were pretty comfy (though not quite as supple as the Pro One Addix TLE), and the tread life was decent (I got ~3k miles out of the first rear and still have enough meat on the second that I'll keep it around as a spare).

Today, I swapped over to the Pirelli P-Zero Race TLR intended for next spring... I was gettin' antsy to try them out, anyway. Like the last two tires that I've used, they're up to the latest ETRTO specs, including hookless use (I have Zipp 303Ss) and, like both before tires before them, they went on without fuss; they mounted with bare hands (I've never had to use a lever or bead jack) and seated with just the floor pump - no compressor or charger cannister necessary. Oh, and for msu2001la and other hookless wheel owners, they did stay bead-locked when deflated. Looking forward to riding them tomorrow!