Old 01-18-14, 08:55 PM
Fredmeister

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had issues that started in the spring of 2010. I was 55 at the time. Clots in my lungs and lower legs.
Over a period of a few weeks my wind fell off dramatically, hence I spent a few days in hospital while they sorted things out and I have been on warfarin ever since. They want me to keep my INR in the high 2s. I feel better when the numbers are up, but the risk for me is probably not letting it fall, rather than get too high. I get a full bunch of tests once a year, and they've never given me a reason why it all came about. They keep telling me they are looking for me to develop pulmonary hypertension but I keep proving them wrong. PH is real ugly, so I'm in the process of really increasing my cardio in hopes of warding it off, hence the new roadbike. I don't feel I've ever really had decent cardio capacity, but I'm determined to get it the best its ever been at age 59. For me, it just seems the more I do, the better I get. I haven't run up against a wall yet, but I'm a real lump of coal on a bike.
My history is three prior strokes but they aren't linking the new 'lung clots' thing to them.

FM

Last edited by Fredmeister; 01-18-14 at 08:59 PM. Reason: corrections