Old 07-24-22, 03:23 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by greatbasin
I'm sure for people that are serious about cycling for fitness, competition, and even recreation, these kinds of questions are amusing since they've found cycling-specific clothing to be the only sensible thing to wear on their long, intense rides.

People can bicycle instead of taking a car, and it's often a good idea. If they had to change into a lycra super-hero suit to do it, that becomes a significant deterrent. People who commute by bicycle regularly can manage this by being prepared for their routine, but a person cycling for irregular everyday transportation doesn't necessarily want to commit to wearing a Lycra suit or trying to figure out how to change.

It is possible to wear casual non-cycling clothing and still ride a bike comfortably for more than six minutes.
I actually have ridden 179 miles in the past 3 days in my usual cargo shorts and boxers, The 6 minute crack was aimed specifically at OP who has posted question after question and has made clear that most of his rides are actually 5 minutes in duration.
Likes For livedarklions: