Old 03-17-24, 02:32 AM
choddo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 455 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Radish_legs
I have switched to Favero Assioma. The reason I didn't stick with Wahoo/Speedplay is 1) anger that they screwed the speedplay customer base, 2) the cyclingtips review of the new wahoo design which showed considerable play developing in pedals due to their new design, 3) the Favero being much cheaper than their own power pedal option, 4) cleats for Favero are much cheaper.

Having said that, if I could run my old x-2s on my trainer bike, I would. So I don't need something that has a zero % failure rate, since I won't crash and fall off my bike. I'm now I'm on very last pair of x-2 cleats and the springs are about to break. I have a group ride with tons of traffic lights so I am always having to unclip and I think that wears them out faster.

I also own a kickr, which thankfully still works. But based on what I am reading about their support re: providing parts to repair kickrs, I think I will actively try to avoid any products from them. They absolutely DO NOT CARE about their customers.
I had excellent service from them when my kickr core bearing wore out. It was out of warranty but they still shipped me (at their expense) a refurb replacement. I was planning to just replace the bearing but was surprised at their swap-out so took the offer.