scottfsmith
I like bike

Bikes: Roubaix Comp 2020

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by xroadcharlie
The weight training takes about 45 minutes to complete, After which I'll do 45 minutes on the treadmill with 2 high intensity intervals. I do these exercises Mon, Wed, and Fri. On Saturday I'll do 50 more minutes on the treadmill. Here I maintain 70 - 80% of my max heart rate.
Thanks Charlie, this was actually what I was after in my original post, duration / frequency / intensity but the conversation went in another direction.

I have been bumping things up lately, I am up from 15 to 25 minutes every other day so "3.5 times per week". In terms of the intensity, I started to use a heart monitor so I can see I get up to 80-90% of max when I am lifting but I rest quite a bit between sets back down to 60-70% before the next set. This also is higher than when I started; my kettlebell book suggests you pass the "talk test" between sets so I am aiming for that. My current routine is taking 25 minutes so 25x3.5 = 87.5 minutes a week. The only cardio I am doing is on the bike.

You are doing 45x3 = 135 minutes a week of weights, I might not get all the way there but I hope to get to 100+ minutes a week in the near term. All my cardio is on the bike (well, plus yard work etc), probably 4 hours a week total.
Likes For scottfsmith: