View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 10:06 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
IDK, feel sort of like you are confusing the issue as to a posting of "private property" in reference to a neighborhood, and someone's yard or driveway. I don't think I recall the OP saying he was riding across someone's yard. Didn't say anything about jumping a fence.
Private property being posted is one thing. No trespassing is a whole other.

Why do you care so much about it? Just curious.
I have a second property that I rent. It has a cut thru driveway connecting two public streets, it is convenient for trespassers to cut thru. It is posted "Private Property" and language to keep people from cutting thru. The driveway thru the complex is private property. There is a lot of vandalism to cars and graffiti from these outsiders. A cut thru on private property is what is being discussed. There has been no mention someone's yard. There is an old farm road/driveway thru a farm not far from me. It would be really nice shortcut and save me some climbing. It has a sign posted. I would never dream of cutting thru there. WRT why I care, private property is the foundation of our economy and following clearly written laws are important, so, I care. Plus, he asked for an opinion. I gave it and he did not like it. His statement that it is in their best interest to play nice sounds like, if you don't let us trespass, we will handle it our way. And, the statement that they should have a fence if they want to keep me out is absurd, fences around a large complex would run hundreds of thousands. The entitlement is disgusting to be frank. It is absolutely not in the best interest of a privately owned community to allow outsiders to cut thru.
Likes For GhostRider62: