Old 04-11-19, 08:31 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
2018 Rodriguez "Shiftless" set up fixed-gear for road riding. I ordered the frame and built it up myself.
- True Temper S3 tubing with internal brake cable routing
- Enve fork, seatpost and SES Aero bar.
- Extralite stem
- Fabric saddle
- Dura Ace drivetrain and brakes
- H+ Son wheels with 25 mm Vittoria Rubino G+ Speed tires and Continental Race Light tubes.
- XPEDO M-Force 8 Ti pedals.

My advice is to get everything in writing. The only thing I didn't get written on the order was that a Dura Ace crank must clear the chainstay. I said it verbally - "The chainstay has to have clearance for a Dura Ace 7100 track crank." - at least a dozen times and even offered to ship them the crankset for fitting. Even so, the crank hit the chainstay and I had to grind the back of the crank spider with a dremel. Sram Omnium and Campy Record Pista cranks also hit.

Don't let them smooth talk you. Anything you want must be in writing on order or don't put down the deposit. That's my advice.

Also keep in mind that when the bike is finally built they will ship it and hit your credit card for the balance without telling you. The bike will arrive by surprise and your card will be debited. No phone call or email saying that the bike is done or letting you know that UPS will require a signature. That left a bad taste in my mouth but the crank hitting the spider was enough that I won't order from them again. For that much money I expect better.

Nothing else bad can be said about the bike though. The welds are amazing and it is a joy to ride. 15.9 lb including pedals, cages and GPS mount. I rode it 110 miles @ 17.7 MPH two weeks ago. I could ride it all day if my legs agreed.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 04-11-19 at 08:37 PM.