Old 08-08-22, 01:35 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 1,035 Times in 439 Posts
Originally Posted by Albion
Dear fellow Bike Forum members, I am usually over on the Classic & Vintage pages but have snuck over here to ask for your advice. Wifey's Trek 2 Dual Sport (photo below) is fitted with Bontrager GR1 Comp 700x40 tires and I'd like to replace them if that would improve grip. The reason for my asking is that she fell off on damp (but not wet) blacktop due to side slip. After the fall I checked the tires, tire pressure, rims, and all seemed fine.

We almost always ride on bike lanes and roads around here in the Phoenix area which are composed of blacktop or smooth concrete, where we can encounter temperatures up to 90F on a ride - it can get a lot hotter than that but we start early. (My own bikes are fitted with Corsa Control 2.0 700x25 tires and are just fine.)

Any suggestions? Price is not a concern, I just want Number One Wife to be safe and enjoy biking with me.

Thanks in advance!

I run GravelKing SS tires from 32c to 38c. If you're not doing much off-road, the SS tires have a flat center with nice side tread which give adequate traction.