View Single Post
Old 04-13-22, 02:41 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
I'm a bit surprised than not that many prople used clipped, slotted cleat cycling shoes with their quill type pedals. I would think that using anything else could result in bad hot spots and pressure points because of the thin pedal cage against the bottoms of regular shoes.
People seem to be too worried about possibly not getting their feet off the pedals when they have to, but it's really easy to release the toe strap buckles with a quick flip of the wrist which becomes instinctive when stopping.
I remeber that it only took me one ride to get used to them.
I mentioned the flexible soles that became a bit of a problem with longer rides.

I seem to have misplaced my old cycling shoes, but I fear that my feet have grown in the last 30 years or so, so they may not fit properly.

Nonetheless, I always combine riding and walking, and found the old leather sole shoes without heels to be uncomfortable to walk in, and potentially dangerous on things like slippery stairs.

I'm not sure about shoes and the sculpted design of those pedals, although the typical cage pedals aren't fully flat.