View Single Post
Old 07-12-22, 08:31 AM
Sertsa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4
I usually park at Botzum and ride downstream and catch the train back. I figure I'll park farther north and ride upstream while I'm fresh and the morning is cool. Any idea what the crowds are like at say, 7:30 AM, on a Saturday? What section do you consider the most scenic/interesting? I figure I have two to three hours for the ride, if things work out for me.
I haven't been that early, but nice summer weekends get quite busy. Much of the trail is fantastic, but I especially like the section between Boston and the Ira trailhead. It contains the boardwalk, the section alongside and crossing the river at Peninsula, and Beaver Marsh.

Originally Posted by a_d_a_m
Curious about the claim of erosion near the tracks (I see it on their website, too). The CVSR was running fully loaded with passengers just yesterday. So if it's safe for passengers I'm not sure why it wouldn't be safe for a bicycle car...
I'm curious about that, too. I wondered if a different route is an option, but maybe not. Maybe it's more that the extra cars (at least one for bikes and kayaks and another for people) and number of trips being reduced is safer? I imagine the amount they earn from the scenic trips is important to keep existing.
Likes For Sertsa: