Old 08-10-22, 01:06 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1820 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 976 Posts
Originally Posted by sayn3ver
id like to connect various ant+ or Bluetooth third party sensors. Ideally it could display a power meter output eventually.

id also like for it to log and be able to upload data to a cycling app like Strava or Kamoot or even just excel.

color or black and white. Typically I prefer replaceable batteries but that's rare in 2022.

I don't need gps or navigation but not opposed to having it onboard it just won't get much use.

I also don't want to spend $250-300.
I'd like to be below $200 if possible.

my last computer was a wired Cateye from 2008ish.
With your various desires, replaceable batteries are not a good idea. Years ago I had a really nice VDO computer that did many of the things you ask for. It devoured batteries, I had to change them 3-4 times a year and reprogram the darn thing each time. If you want to log your rides on Strava you need GPS to see where you rode. I have a 10 year old Garmin Edge 500 which has served me well. It connects to various sensors via ANT+. I have to plug it into my computer to download rides which also recharges it. I also have a Garmin 820 which I bought for a trip to France because the person who organized the trip sent us all a bunch of rides he built up on Ride with GPS and I wanted to be able to just choose one and be able to go off on my own if I didn't want to do a group ride. The 820 is able to connect to sensors via Bluetooth or ANT+. It also can connect directly to WiFi to download rides. I just got back from a ride and by the time I went upstairs after the ride I could review it on Strava. It just connected to my home WiFi after I saved the ride and downloaded it directly to Garmin connect and through to Strava