View Single Post
Old 08-21-10, 07:28 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chasmm
The easiest way I've found to do it is to use a Photobucket account. It's free to sign up, and it's relatively easy to upload the pics.

Once you do that,

1. In your post, click the icon that looks like a "tree with a frame around it". That will open a dialog box that says "Please enter the URL of your image"
2. In another browser tab/window, go to your Photobuck account
3. Upload your picture to Photobucket or if already uploaded, Select the picture you want to post
4. You'll see a field called "Direct Link" with text in it that looks like an internet address...it is. Copy that text in its entirety. (Right click the mouse and select "Copy")
5. Go back to the tab/window with the "Please enter the URL of your image" dialog box.
6. Paste the text string you copied from Photobucket. (Right click the mouse and select "Paste")
And you should be done...

If anyone knows an easier way to get this done...

And if any of that isn't clear, just let me know...

Charles
Originally Posted by ahsposo
Thanks for posting this. While I know how to resize pictures etc. I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture that shows at a decent size in the body of the post.

Lenny's post showing his furniture refinish has what I want. Not a little thumbnail the reader has to click on to view.

To do that do you have to link it to an external website?
I too use Photobucket. The desk photos are Photobucket resized to "Large...640 X 480", and the red dresser pictures are Photobucket resized to "Medium...320 X 240". Remember, these are links and whatever you do to the original in Photobucket will also happen to the linked image in Bikeforums. Moving an image to a different Photobucket album will generally break the link however just editing a photo will usually leave the link intact.

Last edited by cranky old dude; 08-21-10 at 07:34 PM.