Old 12-30-13, 05:58 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you have to be prepared to adjust your plan in the M-n-O more than just about any race.. I find that the mental aspect of these races is exhausting- the counting off of pulled riders, watching the back and learning the pack is to much thinking for my little brain- surprisingly i end up doing really well in most of them.. you've got to know how to ride em from the front and ride em from the back and adjust!

Originally Posted by carleton
I usually ride from near the front because I can't handle the surges that occur in the back. I treat it like a time trial and hang on till I pop. If I can, I'll provide shelter for a teammate or let him in front of me so he can live for another lap or two.
This is something Enduros do- the tactic is to grab the pole and hammer it- hopefully burning off enough of the field to get themselves some omnium points before they pop and get pulled.. when i see one of my chaperones lining up to do this i always jump on that wheel! when you feel them slow its great to get shoulder to shoulder with them for a lap or two- making anyone who wants to overtake you come over 2 riders..