onbike 1939

Bikes: Airnimal Chameleon; Ellis Briggs; Moulton TSR27 Moulton Esprit

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3291 Post(s)
Liked 827 Times in 583 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
+1

Some of the best discussions come out of hotly contested issues.

For myself, I still don't ride an e bike but I've learned a bit more about them in this thread.
I've also given what the forum means to others some thought.
I've realized there is a sub set of people who use them because of medical issues who like onbike, have interesting stories.
I've looked into how they fit into adaptive cycling in my local region and found some related websites as a result.
I've learned there may be an alternate reason than the one I'm thinking as to why Doug may have a sports bra hanging off his panniers.

The problem with discussing this issue in binary terms, which encourages disparaging comments such as E-assist riders as being "lazy" etc. is that this may obscure the real picture. For example, I ride my E-assist Moulton TSR only when riding with my friends as this enables me to keep up and not slow them down. I do this as I wouldn't want them to be disadvantaged by my company. However when on my own I ride my other Moulton which is non-assist and then I ride at a more leisurely pace which suits my disabilities.

Things may not always be as simple as they may appear.