Old 12-19-17, 11:59 PM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by nickw
Be careful. Everybody's risk tolerance is different so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Even with Tubeless tires, when they let go/burp it can be all at once, I can only imagine if this decides it wants to go it may be catastrophic. Just keep that in mind and don't push it.
I'll never see my 40's again so have a fairly staid approach to my riding.

It was also written about 7 years ago when the tubeless thing was just gaining steam.
Yeah, well, I'm a late adapter and like to see everyone else blow their money on the latest and greatest, in order to sort the wheat from the chaff.
This approach has saved me some time and angst when new products don't last the distance.
I still occasionally jump the gun but I'm now better at restraining my emotions when it comes to purchase decisions.

This based on $$ or time restraints?
Both.
My budget is constrained and my custom (Son28/Rohloff/ Cx-Ray/Dyad) wheels are only 2012 and I want a few more years out of them if I can before forking out once again for new rims/spokes/labour.
Also I wish to tour over the xmas holiday period and waiting times for bike part orders from Europe (bike24 etc) and take some weeks to get to Australia and can be weather dependant regarding delivery times.
The ghetto setup also fits in well with my tightwad nature.