Old 03-29-20, 02:48 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4509 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict
Congrats! Definetely a head turn, er headset turner. Crowns and lugs, paint- handsome. More pics ;")

Rubber is right on the deck, no mudguards for this one.

Tossing thought on the seatpost, perhaps J&L to match the calipers and go silver. I have both in black and other in silver. The silver can polish up.

Seller in Taiwan might also work with you on finish and exra length, should that matter. I hadn't been pleased with the looks of clamp part, sent pics and complaint. They were very fast to respond and sent another.

Looking forward to the ride report-

J&L
Tx for all that.

Going to workover and polish a 2 bolt Campy next, that was the other first choice and will get done before any else.

And as I stated, there will be a considerable amount of effort put into the clamp and post to resolve the reliability. This is one of those things where most say "oh its a POS anyway, no need to waste any effort on it", well it was what there was for a long time and worked just fine so I will drill down and find a way to use it.

The 58 Paramount has the exact same setup that has been on there for 62 years and works so we'll see.