Old 10-19-15, 09:22 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Id be happy to link the android app, its coming out soon right? RIGHT?!
Hahaha, I asked a buddy of mine to make one but he didn't want to. I told him that I'd give him all of my algorithms and everything. Sorry.

I was thinking about this lately, and here are some things that would make my life easier when I am coaching:

-a way to track multiple efforts and people back to back. I find myself scrambling down numbers as I have 6 different riders doing pursuit back to back, and then trying to figure out who was who. so maybe a way to have back to back stop watches but it saves the splits auto magically somehow. so like a recall function, that recalls sets.
My app does something similar. At the end of an effort, you can email out a table with the split of each lap including split time, total time, avg speed for the lap, avg cadence for the lap, and distance traveled. Most coaches simply email it to the athlete right after and whoever else needs to see it.

I've strongly considered saving the data in the app. But, that's a decent amount of work and I just don't have the time to sit down and bang it out and test it.

-another thing Im running into is track time indoors is tight since its expensive. so maybe a way to integrate a schedule into the app with reminders. so you could be doing a stop watch and at the top get a reminder that theres only X time left in the session, or maybe a 30mns in a reminder to move on to Y
I could make this, but in iOS it would probably be easier to hold the Home Button and say, "Set a Timer for 30 minutes." or "Remind me to switch to standing starts at 3PM." and Siri will set those alerts.