Old 09-23-21, 01:47 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I challenge anyone to take a Q-Tip to the crevices of the spout's underside on their bidon (and/or their travel coffee mug mechanics) and come out clean. We're all drinking the black stuff, just some more than others. And FWIW I no longer buy travel coffee mugs that have large hidden crevices that are impossible to get a scrubber on, ever since a 1"x.5"x2mm piece of coagulated slime/black-stuff came out through the mouthpiece, and had probably been collecting there for dozens of morning coffees. I don't mind seeing a little black-stuff, but I definitely don't want to feel it writhing around in my mouth. Sorry for any dry heaves that may have caused.

I only put water in mine. I will occasionally notice a little slimy feel if I haven't cleaned it recently, but no, there's no black stuff. Dirt get on the outside of my bottle, and that is often dark, but it's not slime.

I'm not claiming my bottles are sterile, but no, they're not dirty inside like that.
Likes For livedarklions: