View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 07:50 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked 1,393 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Ok, so one of my examples is good for 2 decades past 'school years' based on your estimate. There are tons of men's leagues where I grew up, and many are specifically 40+.
But either way, the point was that there are a lot of 'school years' sports that people can continue to participate well after their school years are over.

Again- running, swimming, tennis, volleyball, golf, cycling, basketball, softball- all these can be played for a long time past school years. How many decades they can be enjoyed is obviously dependent on how each of us ages.
the other difference, of course, is that other than running or swimming, all the others require multiple participants. i swam and played water polo in high school and into college, and because both are fairly impractical (one more than the other lol) i haven’t been in the water for exercise for decades.

running is the easiest and most universally accessible. I’d say cycling is a close second. most suburban and urban places have options for tennis and basketball, assuming partners and teammates are available and desired. any form of regular exercise that requires other people is of no interest or practicality for me.