View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 10:16 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4428 Post(s)
Liked 4,879 Times in 3,020 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Ok, I clearly hijacked this thread even though it wasnt meant to be that way. I just saw a really odd comment which declared cycling to be the one sport people can likely continue one out of school and commented.
By 'lifelong' I meant for a really long time after school, but I shouldnt have said 'lifelong' in retrospect because we are now talking about whether 70yo people play soccer.
My apologies, I didnt pick that word well. I should have just listed all the sports adults play after school age and been done since that was my actual point.

Soccer(in the Chicagoland area and my metro) is played into your 40s as there are specific leagues for it. Same with basketball- leagues exist for all adults and there are also 40+ specific leagues. Golf is obviously played until the end. Volleyball leagues here frequently have 50yo players mixing it up with people in their 20s and 30s. Tennis constantly has older people playing on courts around me. Swimming pools are full of those aging gracefully.
etc etc etc.

Anyways, I damaged this thread enough so I will hopefully see my way out. The initial comment I responded to was just so comically wrong I couldnt help it.
It's cool. What I find interesting is that people generally seem to stay active for longer than previous generations typically did. Well at least the people who actually do any sports at all! Getting our kids onto bikes and out into the sports field is a much bigger challenge than it was for my parents. We literally had nothing else to do other than play sports!