Old 09-01-21, 09:27 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts
Well for me personally I wanted out of the Athena category for health reasons and at 5'7 my 274lbs was very overweight. I had Gastric Sleeve Surgery nine months ago and I have officially lost 100 pounds and I feel amazing and healthy at 174 lbs. I am now no longer on a CPAP machine and my sleep apnea is gone, I have been able to totally go off my Lipitor for my Cholesterol, my numbers were 230 overall and now I am down to a total Cholesterol of 106. I was able to cut my blood pressure meds in half. My BMI went from a 42.2 down to a current 27.2 which is technically still in the overweight category but I am extremely please at my 100 pound weight loss. Getting on a bike now has a brand new feeling for me, I can actually ride without feeling like I am going to have a heart attack and I no longer get winded after a couple of minutes on the bike. I am not sure how much more weight I will lose but if I can maintain my current loss I'll be extremely happy. I have cut so many bad food habits out of my life and I realize that my surgery was just a tool to assist me in a new healthier way of living. I am very grateful so far for what I have accomplished.

Last edited by tpadul; 09-01-21 at 09:30 AM.
Likes For tpadul: