Old 09-03-21, 12:21 PM
Gravel Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by therunt
I'm not motivated by terms, but there are a number of things that motivate me to try to be healthier. As a nurse in the ER I see the devastating effects that inactivity and poor diet choices has on a person long term and that alone scares me into wanting to be as healthy as I can be. As someone who has struggled with weight all my life, with my highest weight being ~340 lbs and my lowest weight being ~220 lbs, and having unfortunately put back on a lot of weight through nursing school and am now having to go through yet another weight loss journey (I am currently around 300 lbs), I am also motivated by looking at myself in the mirror. Much of that comes from not liking what I see, or struggling to get into clothes that once fit me so easily. There's the difference in the ability to do a simple task like squatting to pick something up or having to cross my legs to tie my shoes, or the feeling of being winded from simply climbing a flight or two of stares. I sometimes look back at old instagram posts and see myself when I was at my fittest. Veins popping, muscles defined all while fitting into size 34" pants and medium shirts. It's a little depressing to realize that I let myself regress so much back into bad habits but I've recently taken the steps to get back on track and am determined to stay motivated. It isn't easy but I know that I can succeed.
Wish you well on your journey!