View Single Post
Old 10-20-21, 10:13 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Why did your teammate sit up? Also, I can't imagine executing a sprint with that sort of precision in Zwift, let alone racing as a team! The speed benefit of the "blob" in Zwift is huge compared to a pack or chase IRL, which needs to be at least somewhat organized.
I'm not sure why he sat up. It could be that he'd just blown up and was done (sprint segment for points that finished 1 km from the end and then he - and to a lesser extent me - kept the gas on to blow up our group as they tried to regorup and then made the final move to get ride of the last hanger on at the ~400 m mark). Or it could be he thought it was over as we'd gotten a solid gap on the other guy. Dunno. I was just watching the video after (while recovering from injury/surgery my top end is gone and I can no longer win sprints just by muscling through them, so I'm trying to get better on positioning my effort which I didn't used to care as much about) and saw that he eases off about the same time as I'm hitting my final kick and it sure looks like I'm trying to chase down a teammate to take his spot even though I would have been hitting that the same way if no one had been around because I just can't finish a race without a sprint to the line (even if my sprint is incredibly feeble as it was last night because I was done).