View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 11:27 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Interesting. I've used Sidi Genius for over 10 years on my road bike. This year, I needed new MTB shoes so, having loved the Genius, I bought a new pair of Dominators in the same size. They have 2 boa-like closures, the top one with a strap. I also feel the edge of the tongue pressing into the front of my ankle. I never experienced this with the road shoes - they were super comfortable from day 1. I'm going to look closely and see if maybe I can work the stiffness out of the tongue.

As an aside, I don't think these Dominators fit me as well as the Genius of the same size do. They just seem a bit roomy. I thought maybe I'd been sent a pair of Mega accidentally, but both the shoe box and the shoes themselves indicate they're regular sizing. It could just be a roomier toe box which evidentially it has. I'm not nearly as happy with these as I am with the Genius. Don't really like Sidi's version of the boa closure either. Too fussy. I'll give them a few more weeks and see if I'm going to keep them.