Old 06-27-22, 11:36 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I loaded my personal stats (age, etc) into my Garmin Connect which is fed by my 530 Edge. When I finish the ride it provides all the ride stats as well as recommended rest time. Up until now, I have been blowing it off, (It recommends a day off, or two days off and I ride the next day) but it appears to have caught up to me and will experiment and see if it is worth following.

My question, above, is do you follow the recommended recovery times and if so, have your found them accurate?
To your two part question: part 1, sometimes, and part 2, sometimes. From Garmin/First Beat, "Recovery Time predicts how long it will be before your body is fully recovered and ready for your next intense fitness-improving type workout.” You don’t need to stop riding your bike, but you may want to consider if it is saying 72 hours or 4 days, going hard may not produce good results and may even produce negative results. Check out that site I linked. The info is very useful.
Likes For Badger6: