View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 02:45 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10444 Post(s)
Liked 11,922 Times in 6,105 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
The worst is when it's someone you have known for decades and they bust out the conspiracy theories. When someone you love picks the theories over facts and reason it's a hard pill to swallow.
I found it very unpleasant to discover that my niece went anti-vax. My sister, her Mom, thinks it was the influence of the guy she was living with, but really - years ago, she adopted an Ethiopian orphan who's HIV positive, but has been kept healthy since then (I think he's now a senior in high school) with antiretroviral drugs, developed by some of the same people who were urging us to get vaccinated. And not only has she travelled a lot and so been subject to vaccine requirements, but she had 6 kids (two of her own plus 4 adoptees) who all had to get vaxed to go to school etc. And then decided she'd rather listen to a Personal Trainer than the uncle who'd worked in the Biopharma Biz for 40 years, including in vaccine development.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles