View Single Post
Old 11-08-22, 01:42 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by MidVail
I have a 1988 Raleigh Technium Chill including the owners manual. I am the original owner. What is the current market value for this bike?

Here is a catalog scan that might be helpful to you. https://frugalaveragebicyclist.com/2...catalog-scans/

I'm a fan of the Raleigh Technium frames. I know all of the potential issues, but haven't seen any problems with the two that I owned for a time. They were solid and very nice to ride. Any failures are probably few and far between is my guess.

Anyway, the bike also is supposed to feature Deore SIS components and that's a good thing. The only negative I can see is the rear U Brake, which can get clogged up if you ride through mud. If you don't ride through mud, no issues. But I'd still probably add Koolstop Brake Pads to the rear for riding in wet weather probably. Maybe overkill, but it is cheap overkill.

My estimate, not knowing where you live and whether it is a hot market is anywhere from $125.00 up to perhaps $200.00 depending on condition. Being the original owner and the fact you still have the owner's manual I'm betting condition is pretty good. It isn't a good candidate for shredding mountainsides, but it could make for a nice gravel-grinder or city bike.